- Laugh at how silly I am, and
- Help out others in the same predicament
I was packaging up an application using Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer and all was good. All the pieces from the MSI I was using were dropping into the correct place. "Happy" thought I. "I shall have this package ready for testing by luncheon today"
I install it onto a clean machine, and all is right with the world. So I publish via the publisher.
I get the advertised icons on my start menu. But do they do anything? Nooooooo. Badness.
I spend a while Google problem, try random fix, hope.
Anyways what I had not done was edited the package in the sequencer, gone into the Advanced Tab and ticked the boxes
- Allow all named objects to interact with the local system
- Allow all COM objects to interact with the local system
- Allow virtual applications full write permissions to the virtual file system
Save, Publish and Happiness.