Tuesday, October 20, 2015

App-V versus error 142

For the last month or so I have been working with App-V and have had a series of issues that no one on the web seems to want to talk about. First of all,

Error 0x00000142 

Conventional wisdom says

But I have found at least one case where the above error is caused by Empty directories.  Fortunately this is easy to fix by placing a dummy file in the empty directory in the bubble.  Remind me to report this to the good people at Microsoft for some cool merch.

Update:

I have been randomly deleting files from the Package\Root\VFS directory since this seems to be the main culprit.  Basically, if it's empty, it can go.  Also, anything with the extension .msi can be deleted on principal.

Anything else in the Package\Root directory should probably use dummy folders.

As I learn more I'll keep all 3 of you posted.

No comments: